Free Account Options with USAA
When USAA was founded by military officers, the mission was to serve those who serve our country. Membership is open to all U.S. military service members, veterans with honorable discharge and eligible family members. One way USAA serves is by keeping customers from wasting money by offering free checking accounts and low interest rates.
USAA’s services, programs and technology are really leading the industry. With the free checking account, clients have the ability to scan and electronically deposit checks, providing instant deposit credit. The ability to deposit any check from a smartphone, ATM reimbursements, free transfers and bill payments are just a few ways that USAA are saving customers both time and money.
USAA Free Checking Highlights:
- No monthly service fees.
- No minimum balance requirements.
- Unlimited check writing.
- Free ATMs nationwide
- Free direct deposits.
- Free transfers and bill payments.
Deposits are Simple and Convenient
- Mobile Deposit allows customers to take pictures of their check for deposit from the mobile app.
- Select UPS Store locations accept easy deposits for USAA.
- In some areas, deposit-capable ATMs take cash or checks with deposit receipts.
Free Tools Available Online and On the Go
- Pay and manage bills with USAA’s online bill pay system.
- Send money to anyone with a phone using an email address or cell number.
- Apple Pay™ allows customers to securely pay stores with one touch of their iPhone®.
Personal Budgeting Tools
Personal budgeting tools allow clients to view account balances and activity, even for accounts from other banks. Creating a budget based on current spending helps customers improve spending habits.
- Create and edit personalized spending categories.
- Track target spending amounts.
Everything In One Place
View activity on all accounts, including non-USAA accounts, in one convenient place.
- Easily add accounts from more than 12,500 financial institutions.
- See accounts on USAA’s website or any mobile device with the free mobile app.
Keep Track of all Money Coming In and Out
- Receive a snapshot of spending to see where money is going: how much is spent at restaurants, groceries, gas and more.
- racks up to 18 months of spending.
Free Nationwide ATMs
Customers receive free use of 60,000 USAA-preferred ATMs nationwide. If you need to use another ATM, USAA will refund the other bank’s ATM fee.
USAA was founded in 1922, when Army officers agreed to insure one another’s vehicles. They follow the same military values of the founders still: service, loyalty, honesty and integrity.